Tourism businesses will have at least one Chinese payment system within 12 months, predicts TIA Chair Grant Webster. TIA can help members achieve this through our WeChat partnership with PayPlus.
WeChat is one of the most popular messaging and social media platforms in China, with 938 million monthly active users – 94% of who use the mobile app daily – and 600 million payment transactions per day globally.
More than just a payment system, WeChat can connect you with Chinese consumers before, during and after their visit. It is sometimes referred to as the ‘Swiss army knife’ application because of its all-inclusive functionality combining everything from messaging, chat, phone calls, payment systems, e-commerce and more.
PayPlus is TIA’s preferred WeChat service provider. They are offering TIA members a special introductory offer to help you take full advantage of WeChat. Contact PayPlus today to talk about WeChat and how it will benefit your business in time for the 2018 Spring Festival (Chinese New Year). Tens of thousands of Chinese visitors travel to New Zealand over this two week holiday.
Haka Tourism Group embraces WeChat
Leading New Zealand tourism business Haka Tourism Group is embracing WeChat. They have worked with PayPlus to implement a WeChat plan which is helping them break into the important China market. Find out more.
- WeChat is the most heavily used mobile app in China – use it to grow the important Chinese visitor market by offering Chinese visitors the opportunity to engage, learn, explore and pay for things in the same way they do in China.
- Another benefit for business owners is the option to have dollar for dollar settlement on WeChat Pay transaction.
- Business owners pay no ongoing monthly fees for using WeChat Pay.
- Market and sell directly to Chinese consumers – China has grown rapidly to become New Zealand’s second largest visitor market by arrivals and spend, projected to become our biggest market by spend by 2023.
- Enhance the Chinese visitor experience - travelers can make payments using the platform before they arrive here and using their mobile phones while they are in the country.
- Chinese consumers have a big appetite for accessing information via mobile technology and having access to WeChat is key to delivering a visitor experience that matches their expectations.
- Engage with consumers before they come here, during their trip, and when they return home.
PayPlus TIA member offer
- Free set up of WeChat Pay (valued at $149 excluding GST)
- No monthly fees for the duration of the relationship
- Dollar for dollar settlement, next business day
- Members will be provided a starter pack including in store point of purchase promotional material including static QR code, stickers/posters
- PayPlus can also make available its API (application programme interface) for members to offer WeChat Pay on websites
- This offer does not include WeChat Marketing package such Official Account, WeChat Voucher and WeChat Advertisement
PayPlus is one of New Zealand’s first authorised WeChat service providers and the only provider with a locally developed and hosted payment portal for security, speed and reliability.
PayPlus is passionate about providing WeChat solutions that extend from WeChat payment systems through to integrated marketing and e-commerce campaigns for New Zealand businesses to effectively target their Chinese customers.
PayPlus has already developed a WeChat client base, testament to its ability to develop solutions across multiple industries, including tourism, retail, education, finance and hospitality.
p: 09 600 2327