The Government has announced a new Bill that will amend the Employment Relations Act 2000. We want your feedback. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 March 2018.
The key amendments include:
- Restoring statutory rest and meal breaks
- Limiting 90 day trials to employers with fewer than 20 employees
- Restoring reinstatement as the primary remedy to unfair dismissal
- Increasing protections for vulnerable workers such as cleaners and caterers, when a business is transferred or restructured
- Strengthening collective bargaining and union rights in the workplace.
Read the Bill. Read the one page summary.