Entries are open for prestigious awards that celebrate the achievements of the outstanding individuals who work in New Zealand hotels.
The 2019 New Zealand Hotel Industry Awards will celebrate the success of 12 individuals in roles ranging from Front Office Services to General Manager, as well as a hotel with an outstanding environmental initiative.
Sally Attfield, Hotel Sector Manager at TIA, says the New Zealand Hotel Industry Awards are unique in rewarding the efforts of those filling key hotel roles.
“There are numerous award programmes that recognise incredible hotels but we aim to celebrate the people who are vital to delivering outstanding guest experiences. We also want to exhibit the wide range of exciting career options available in the hotel sector,” Ms Attfield says.
A new category is being introduced in 2019 with the Hotel Industry Technology Innovation Award, recognising an employee who has made an exceptional contribution in championing a technology project that has led to increased guest satisfaction and operational efficiency.
Horwath HTL Director Stephen Hamilton says the New Zealand Hotel Industry Awards are going from strength to strength.
“We attracted a record number of entries in 2018 and I expect the competition will be just as fierce this year,” Mr Hamilton says.
Ingmar Becker of the Bolton Hotel in Wellington, winner of the 2018 Hotel Industry Concierge of the Year, says that entering the awards was valuable.
“I would encourage everybody to enter the award because it raises the profile of yourself, it gives you the opportunity to look back on yourself, what you've achieved in the last year, and raises your profile within the industry as well,” Mr Becker says.
Annalise Stewart, Executive Housekeeper at the InterContinental Hotel Wellington, says winning the 2018 Hotel Industry Housekeeper Employee of the Year has boosted her career. It was also an opportunity to win recognition for her achievements.
Watch this video to find out what other 2018 winners say about the benefits of entering and winning.
The winners will be announced at a Gala Dinner at Cordis, Auckland on 20 June. The dinner will cap off the 2019 New Zealand Hotel Industry Conference, co-hosted by Tourism Industry Aotearoa and Horwath HTL. Registrations for the conference will open on Wednesday 3 April.
The categories for the 2019 New Zealand Hotel Industry Awards are:
- Hotel Industry Administration Employee of the Year
- Hotel Industry Concierge of the Year, supported by Sparkle Master Drycleaners
- Hotel Industry Environmental Initiative Award
- Hotel Industry Food and Beverage Employee of the Year
- Hotel Industry Front Office Services Employee of the Year
- Hotel Industry General Manager of the Year, supported by AHS Hospitality
- Hotel Industry Housekeeper Employee of the Year, supported by Vendella
- Hotel Industry Outstanding Young Hotel Executive, supported by Sparkle Master Drycleaners
- Hotel Industry Regional Hotel Employee of the Year, supported by Linenmaster
- Hotel Industry Revenue Manager of the Year, supported by ARMA
- Hotel Industry Sales & Marketing Employee of the Year
- Hotel Industry Senior Hotel Executive of the Year, supported by Dalman Architects
- Hotel Industry Technology Innovation Award, supported by GuestTraction.
For entry forms and further details, visit New Zealand Hotel Industry Awards.